I-5 Skagit River bridge to close tonight, Tuesday
Here is the press release to the state Department of Transportation:
BURLINGTON – Early morning drivers who normally use Interstate 5 over the Skagit River should be prepared to catch the tail-end of a 12-hour traffic detour tomorrow.
On Monday, Sept 30, both directions of I-5 will be detoured between the George Hopper Road and College Way interchanges from 8 p.m. until 8 a.m. while contractor crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation continue to retrofit the steel overhead trusses.
Drivers will follow the same detour routes established when the bridge was closed in May, and should add extra time to their commute.
For details about the project, click here.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Bickford Avenue overpass to be closed Thursday night May 14
- Expect delays on Highway 9 bridge over Snohomish River May 2
- Construction work on 44th Avenue in Lynnwood starts Monday April 30
- Lane closure to affect Lynnwood-area street April 30
- Lane closures planned on 113th Drive in Lake Stevens April 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.