Cory Monteith death ruled accidental; heroin-alcohol blamed
The 31-year-old was found collapsed on the floor in a room at the Pacific Rim Hotel, the report detailed, where investigators found drug paraphernalia, including a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle, the report said. Also on hand were two empty Champagne bottles and multiple glasses. The actor had a blood alcohol level of 0.13 percent.
The coroner noted that after a period off heroin, a previously tolerated dose could prove fatal. Monteith had a history of drug and alcohol abuse, and had recently finished a stint in rehab.
Surveillance footage showed Monteith returning to his room at 2:16 a.m. the day he died. He was found later in the day when he failed to check out on time.
- New Saudi king to continue predecessors' policies 1/22/15
- Tony Verna, inventor of TV instant replay, dies at 81 1/18/15
- Ekberg, movie bombshell, dies at 83 1/14/15
- Dorothy Thomas, “mother” of bone marrow transplant, dies at 92 1/10/15
- Drummer, vocalist ‘Popsy’ Dixon of The Holmes Brothers dies 1/10/15
- Actor Rod Taylor dies in L.A. at 84 1/10/15
- Elvis Presley's 80th birthday celebrated 1/9/15
- William Boeing Jr., son of company's founder, dies at 92 1/8/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.