Cory Monteith death ruled accidental; heroin-alcohol blamed
The 31-year-old was found collapsed on the floor in a room at the Pacific Rim Hotel, the report detailed, where investigators found drug paraphernalia, including a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle, the report said. Also on hand were two empty Champagne bottles and multiple glasses. The actor had a blood alcohol level of 0.13 percent.
The coroner noted that after a period off heroin, a previously tolerated dose could prove fatal. Monteith had a history of drug and alcohol abuse, and had recently finished a stint in rehab.
Surveillance footage showed Monteith returning to his room at 2:16 a.m. the day he died. He was found later in the day when he failed to check out on time.
- WWII ‘kissing sailor’ dies at 86 3/15/14
- Legendary voice-over artist Hal Douglas dies at 89 3/14/14
- Philip Seymour Hoffman died from mix of drugs 2/28/14
- Jim Lange, ‘Dating Game’ host, dies 2/27/14
- Singer Maria von Trapp, 99, dies in Vermont 2/22/14
- Ralph Waite, dad on “The Waltons,” dies 2/14/14
- Sid Caesar, comic genius of 1950s television, dies 2/12/14
- Iconic child star Shirley Temple dies at 85 2/11/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.