Cory Monteith death ruled accidental; heroin-alcohol blamed
The 31-year-old was found collapsed on the floor in a room at the Pacific Rim Hotel, the report detailed, where investigators found drug paraphernalia, including a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle, the report said. Also on hand were two empty Champagne bottles and multiple glasses. The actor had a blood alcohol level of 0.13 percent.
The coroner noted that after a period off heroin, a previously tolerated dose could prove fatal. Monteith had a history of drug and alcohol abuse, and had recently finished a stint in rehab.
Surveillance footage showed Monteith returning to his room at 2:16 a.m. the day he died. He was found later in the day when he failed to check out on time.
- Al Goldstein, combative pornographer, dies 12/19/13
- 'Lawrence of Arabia' star Peter O'Toole dies at 81 12/15/13
- Retired state Justice Tom Chambers dead at 70 12/12/13
- Tuskegee airman William Booker of Kirkland dead at 90 12/11/13
- Paul Walker tribute expected to attract thousands 12/7/13
- Mandela to be buried at state funeral Dec. 15 12/6/13
- Mandela regretted being portrayed as saint 12/5/13
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production 12/4/13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.