Good reminder: Fall hiking can be treacherous
WTA just shared a list of really useful safety tips for fall hiking.
The WTA tips are a timely reminder. If you're heading out, please read them. Some hikers have been stranded or lost lately, and you don't want to get stuck in that situation -- especially if you're unprepared.
I'm going to do an audit of my backpack before heading out. A few cold-weather items have probably wandered off during the lovely summer.
If you'd like more info on staying safe in the outdoors, check out a search and rescue event on Sunday.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Make reservations now for best summer camping spots Jan. 18
- Got high hopes? Try Everett Mountaineer's scrambling course Jan. 16
- Climbers finish free climb of inspiring route on El Capitan Jan. 14
- Parks, Forest Service go fee-free for MLK Day Jan. 14
- Learn the basics of boating at upcoming classes Jan. 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.