Mini frittatas easy to make for ideal breakfast
Get creative and have fun!
To make the mini frittatas:
For the filling ingredients choose anything that might go into an omelet or quiche. You'll need 3 - 4 cups of filling mixture for 1 dozen mini frittatas.
- Prepare your ingredients by cooking (as needed) and dicing the filling ingredients into small confetti sized bits.
- Mix your cooked and/or diced bits together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Generously spray muffin pans with non-stick spray (they really want to stick to the pan).
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups filling them about 2/3 full.
- Whisk together 6 whole eggs with 1/2 cup of low fat milk (per dozen frittatas). Carefully pour or ladle the egg mixture into each muffin cup filling them just about to the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. They will puff up while cooking and then collapse again as they cool. Let them cool a bit and then use a spoon to remove them from the pan. Serve warm.
Most recent Light for Life posts
- Shhh! It's the secret to losing weight Jan. 21
- Cooks of any skill level can tackle this chipotle bean soup recipe Jan. 15
- Hard days count the most in the long run Jan. 8
- Forget what you think you know about tofu, this recipe's a winner Dec. 28
- Make better food choices — one decision at a time Dec. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.