The Herald of Everett, Washington
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up | Manage  Green editions icon Green editions

Calendar


HeraldNet Headlines
HeraldNet Newsletter Delivered to your inbox each week.
Published: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 9:49 a.m.

Mobile home fire blamed on stove top burner

EVERETT -- A fire that destroyed a mobile home south of Everett on Monday afternoon was started by a stove top burner that was accidentally left turned on, according to fire investigator.
The fire was reported at 4:25 p.m. by neighbors who spotted smoke coming from a double-wide mobile home at Carriage Club Estates in the 13300 block of Highway 99 north of Lynnwood. An elderly woman living in the home was away at the time of the fire.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to get the fire under control. The mobile home was a total loss, Snohomish County Fire District 1 spokeswoman Leslie Hynes said.
The Snohomish County Fire Marshal's Office investigated the fire and discovered a burner on the stove top accidentally had been left turned on, she said.
Cooking is the leading cause of home fires, according to the National Fire Protection Association. Two of every five home fires begin in the kitchen, more than any other place in the home. Cooking fires are also the leading cause of home fire-related injuries.
Story tags » EverettFire

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus