Shutdown cancels program for kids in N. Cascades
This includes Mountain School, a popular program that gets kids up into the park to learn about ecosystems, geology and more.
Some of the students who were hoping to go to Mountain School have written to the president and their representatives.
You can read a couple letters here, along with many more details about what effects the shutdown has had for the institute and those who use its programs.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- North Cascades Highway could open by April 2 March 27
- Kayakers will get rare chance to play on Sultan River in late April March 24
- Sometimes, it's good to suffer on a hike March 24
- Mount Rainier National Park announces planned opening dates March 24
- DNR to boost recreation opportunities near Snoqualmie Pass March 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.