There's a fungus among us: 2 weekend events
This year has been really great for mushrooms. On a recent hike, I saw them everywhere.
Apparently, I'm not the only one.
WTA has a pretty slideshow of fungus photos that have been submitted to their trail reports.
If you're fascinated by fungus, there are two events this weekend you should know about.
First, the Snohomish County Mycological Society has a free show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Forest Park in Everett. You can view hundreds of mushrooms and search for fairies in the enchanted forest display. There will be a mushroom identification class at 1 p.m. If you can't get enough mushrooms, check out the society's huge photo collection online.
Second, the Puget Sound Mycological Society's 50th annual wild mushroom show is noon to 7 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday in Seattle. It's at The Mountaineers, 7700 Sandpoint Way NE, Seattle. You'll be able to see a huge variety of mushrooms, taste mushrooms and shop for field guides, T-shirts or tools for the serious mycologist. There are also a number of educational lectures. Get more details here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Weekend reading: The Pacific Crest Trail March 8
- Upcoming events to support Snohomish County Helicopter Rescue Team March 7
- Take a guided kayak tour on Lake Sammamish, learn about wildlife March 5
- Outdoor events: Pack light, learn about slugs, Fred Beckey, more March 5
- Little Si is a short, sweet trail you can do nearly year-round March 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.