Seahawks sign WR Bryan Walters, release C Jason Spitz
Spitz was signed after Unger was injured in Seattle's Week 3 win over Jacksonville, and was active as Seattle's backup center the past two weeks behind Lemuel Jeanpierre, but did not play.
Walters, who is from Kirkland, was signed to Seattle's practice squad late last season and spent training camp with the Seahawks. His signing gives Seattle five receivers on the 53-man roster after having just four last week when Stephen Williams was released to make room on the roster for Bruce Irvin.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
- Seahawks DT Jesse Williams diagnosed with cancer May 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.