Seahawks sign WR Bryan Walters, release C Jason Spitz
Spitz was signed after Unger was injured in Seattle's Week 3 win over Jacksonville, and was active as Seattle's backup center the past two weeks behind Lemuel Jeanpierre, but did not play.
Walters, who is from Kirkland, was signed to Seattle's practice squad late last season and spent training camp with the Seahawks. His signing gives Seattle five receivers on the 53-man roster after having just four last week when Stephen Williams was released to make room on the roster for Bruce Irvin.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Michael Bennett on his new deal with the Seahawks March 10
- Michael Bennett signs 4-year deal to stay in Seattle March 10
- Michael Bennett expected to sign with Bears… Wait, no, never mind March 10
- Report: Red Bryant heading to Jacksonville March 8
- Seahawks place second-round tender on WR Doug Baldwin March 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.