Glimpse of how search and rescue works (photo gallery)
Photographer Karen Johanson, a volunteer in charge of marketing for Support the Last Resort, shared some photos from the event with us.
The county's helicopter rescue crew has lost a major source of funding and is working to find a new way to continue operating. We wrote about this earlier right here.
Click here to see more photos from the event.
To see even more, go to Karen Johanson's page here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Outdoor events: Pack light, learn about slugs, Fred Beckey, more March 5
- Little Si is a short, sweet trail you can do nearly year-round March 3
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 3
- Audubon butterfly app is free today Feb. 28
- Video: 'We're throwing a bomb out of a moving helicopter' Feb. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.