Glimpse of how search and rescue works (photo gallery)
Photographer Karen Johanson, a volunteer in charge of marketing for Support the Last Resort, shared some photos from the event with us.
The county's helicopter rescue crew has lost a major source of funding and is working to find a new way to continue operating. We wrote about this earlier right here.
Click here to see more photos from the event.
To see even more, go to Karen Johanson's page here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Staircase Rapids: Easy hike along a charming river Jan. 20
- Make reservations now for best summer camping spots Jan. 18
- Got high hopes? Try Everett Mountaineer's scrambling course Jan. 16
- Climbers finish free climb of inspiring route on El Capitan Jan. 14
- Parks, Forest Service go fee-free for MLK Day Jan. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.