Olympic National Park closure tickets stand
The tickets carry a $125 fine for visiting the park during the government shutdown
The law enforcement officials told the Peninsula Daily News it was absurd for the ranger to issue the tickets Saturday and it shows a lack of discretion.
Durkan said no. She said those ticketed drove past signs saying the park is closed.
Park spokeswoman Barb Maynes said it supports the way the ranger did her job. Three citations were issued at the trailhead and two more were issued to bicyclists near Quinault who were asked to leave the park.
Information from: Peninsula Daily News, http://www.peninsuladailynews.com
- Murray, Ryan work to avoid new federal shutdown 11/22/13
- Federal shutdown cost $2 billion, OMB says 11/7/13
- Ted Cruz brings his pitch to Iowa 10/26/13
- New talks in Congress focus on sequester 10/25/13
- IRS more popular than Congress in poll 10/20/13
- GOP has little to show for crisis after crisis 10/20/13
- Obamacare opponents vow to resume battle 10/18/13
- Feds back to work after 16-day shutdown 10/18/13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.