Southbound Highway 529 closed tonight
The off-ramp from southbound I-5 to Highway 529 also will be closed during those hours. Drivers who need to reach Smith Island can enter Highway 529 via State Avenue in Marysville or follow a detour route on southbound I-5 to northbound Highway 529.
Crews have already replaced four steel axles, wheels and dozens of counterweight cables in the lift mechanism for the 60-year-old drawbridge.
For more information on the $1.71 million project, visit http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/sr529/snohomishbridgerepair/.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Bickford Avenue overpass to be closed Thursday night May 14
- Expect delays on Highway 9 bridge over Snohomish River May 2
- Construction work on 44th Avenue in Lynnwood starts Monday April 30
- Lane closure to affect Lynnwood-area street April 30
- Lane closures planned on 113th Drive in Lake Stevens April 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.