Seahawks' Harvin won't play against Rams
The receiver won't play against the St. Louis Rams on Monday night, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Saturday. Harvin practiced this week for the first time since having hip surgery to repair a torn labrum in early August.
"We worked him hard, then we rested him," Carroll said. "We'll continue to do that until his conditioning is caught up and he's ready to go."
Harvin was traded from Minnesota to Seattle in the offseason. He's been on the physically unable to perform list since the start of training camp.
Linebacker Bobby Wagner is expected to play against the Rams after missing the last two games because of a high-ankle sprain. He returned to full practice on Thursday and Friday for the Seahawks, who are leading the NFC with a 6-1 record.
"He's maybe two or three weeks ahead of what you would think would happen," Carroll said. "I don't know how he did it. The trainers don't know either, but they did a great job in getting him back."
Wagner said he's moving well and the ankle began to feel better last week. However, he didn't have a chance to test it before the game against Arizona.
"I felt it was going to take some time," Wagner said, "but I knew I wasn't going to be gone that long."
Carroll wouldn't commit to Wagner starting until he sees how he looks before the game.
Harvin hasn't appeared in a game in nearly a full calendar year. Carroll said when Harvin is ready to play, he won't hesitate to put him on the field.
"He's a hard-charger," Carroll said. "He's not going to sit back. When he goes, he goes. So we've got to make sure to manage that really well.
"We're totally pleased with how he's worked to get back. As soon as we can do it, we will, but when it's right."
- Lions kick FG on final play, beat Falcons 22-21 10/26/14
- Chiefs score 34 unanswered in 34-7 rout of Rams 10/26/14
- Foster scores 3 TDs as Texans beat Titans 30-16 10/26/14
- Barr returns fumble for TD in OT, Vikings beat Bucs 19-13 10/26/14
- Dalton helps Bengals rally to beat Ravens 27-24 10/26/14
- Bortles' mistakes help Dolphins beat Jaguars 27-13 10/26/14
- Brady throws 5 TDs, Patriots rout Bears 51-23 10/26/14
- Orton tosses 4 TD passes as Bills rout Jets 43-23 10/26/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.