Medicare monthly premium to stay at $104.90
The Part B deductible, the annual amount beneficiaries pay before Medicare outpatient coverage starts, will also remain the same at $147, officials announced Monday. But the hospital care deductible is going up by $32, to $1,216.
Monthly premiums paid by upper-income beneficiaries, those above $85,000 a year, or $170,000 for married couples, will also stay unchanged.
And a reminder: Medicare beneficiaries don't have to worry about the rollout problems with President Barack Obama's coverage for the uninsured.
Medicare is not affected. Its own open enrollment for prescription coverage and Medicare Advantage plans is going smoothly.
- Study: Breast-feeding benefits overstated 3/1/14
- Study links older dads to kids' health woes 2/27/14
- New birth guidelines recommend patience 2/21/14
- Website spews Facebook health myths 2/20/14
- Deadly H1N1 influenza returns 2/20/14
- Abnormalities found in Alzheimer’s patients’ children 2/13/14
- Guidelines issued to prevent stroke in women 2/7/14
- Israeli pill shows promise for diabetes 1/31/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.