HealthCare.gov taken down for the day
The site will be down from about 9 p.m. Saturday to about 9 a.m. Sunday.
The government says people can apply for coverage through the health marketplace call center — 1-800-318-2596. That's available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The federal website locked up the day it went live, Oct. 1, and has been cranky since. It's been taken down for maintenance before — usually for a few overnight hours.
The administration has said it's aiming to have HealthCare.gov humming along by month's end.
- Obamacare evolution increases confusion 3/9/14
- Governors: 'Obamacare' here to stay 2/24/14
- State health exchange will have to slim down in 2015 2/8/14
- Fact Checker: CBO didn’t say health-care law will kill 2M jobs 2/4/14
- Obamacare could have big impact on income gap 1/30/14
- House OKs bill barring federal funds for abortion 1/28/14
- Three million sign up for Obamacare 1/25/14
- Target cuts health care for part-timers 1/22/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.