HealthCare.gov taken down for the day
The site will be down from about 9 p.m. Saturday to about 9 a.m. Sunday.
The government says people can apply for coverage through the health marketplace call center — 1-800-318-2596. That's available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The federal website locked up the day it went live, Oct. 1, and has been cranky since. It's been taken down for maintenance before — usually for a few overnight hours.
The administration has said it's aiming to have HealthCare.gov humming along by month's end.
- 1 in 4 have insurance but can’t afford health care 5/15/15
- Gains from Obamacare benefit millions 5/7/15
- ACA polling shows Americans still lukewarm on Obamacare 4/26/15
- GOP drops battle to end Obamacare 4/18/15
- Senate passes, Obama signs Medicare bill 4/16/15
- State good example of reform’s successes 3/29/15
- Fix Obamacare so it works like Medicare does 3/26/15
- GOP better pray court rules for Obamacare 3/10/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.