Seahawks sign DT Michael Brooks; release WR Bryan Walters
The move was no-doubt made to bolster defensive line depth with both DE Red Bryant (concussion) and DT Jordan Hills (biceps) out with injuries. Brooks, an undrafted rookie out of East Carolina, originally signed with Detroit following the draft, then came to Seattle in May after being released by the Lions. He was released after training camp, and has since been on and off of Seattle's practice squad several times this season.
The release of Walters leaves Seattle with just four receivers on the 53-man roster, which could perhaps be a sign that Percy Harvin is close to coming back.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
- Seahawks DT Jesse Williams diagnosed with cancer May 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.