Seahawks activate Percy Harvin, release DT Michael Brooks
Harvin, who has not played this year having undergone hip surgery this summer, had to be activated this week because the Seahawks started the 21 day clock on him by having him return to practice three weeks ago. Once those three weeks are up on a player on the PUP list, teams have to either add that player to the 53-man roster or keep him on the PUP list for the remainder of the season. In other words, whether or not Harvin is ready to play this week, he has to be on the roster if the Seahawks plan on him playing at all this season.
That's not to say Harvin won't play this week, it's just a reminder that today's move doesn't necessarily mean his return is imminent.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks add 12 undrafted free agents May 2
- Seahawks to sign ex-Green Beret Boyer, long snapper from Texas May 2
- Seahawks take OSU S Ryan Murphy with their final pick of the 2015 draft May 2
- Seahawks draft a defensive tackle to play guard… again May 2
- Seahawks take WR turned DE Obum Gwacham in sixth round May 2
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.