Seahawks activate Percy Harvin, release DT Michael Brooks
Harvin, who has not played this year having undergone hip surgery this summer, had to be activated this week because the Seahawks started the 21 day clock on him by having him return to practice three weeks ago. Once those three weeks are up on a player on the PUP list, teams have to either add that player to the 53-man roster or keep him on the PUP list for the remainder of the season. In other words, whether or not Harvin is ready to play this week, he has to be on the roster if the Seahawks plan on him playing at all this season.
That's not to say Harvin won't play this week, it's just a reminder that today's move doesn't necessarily mean his return is imminent.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett will test free agency March 6
- Brandon Browner suspended for first four games of 2014 March 5
- Brandon Browner announces he has been reinstated by the NFL March 4
- Seahawks reportedly place second-round tender on S Jeron Johnson March 4
- Two Seahawks weigh in on N-word debate March 4
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.