Seahawks activate Percy Harvin, release DT Michael Brooks
Harvin, who has not played this year having undergone hip surgery this summer, had to be activated this week because the Seahawks started the 21 day clock on him by having him return to practice three weeks ago. Once those three weeks are up on a player on the PUP list, teams have to either add that player to the 53-man roster or keep him on the PUP list for the remainder of the season. In other words, whether or not Harvin is ready to play this week, he has to be on the roster if the Seahawks plan on him playing at all this season.
That's not to say Harvin won't play this week, it's just a reminder that today's move doesn't necessarily mean his return is imminent.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Mariners’ Brad Miller to make his left field debut Thursday May 14
- Seahawks RB Robert Turbin recovering from hip surgery May 14
- Seahawks LB Bruce Irvin: ‘I’m going to be in Atlanta next season’ May 14
- Seahawks sign two more tryout players May 12
- Seahawks sign DE Julius Warmsley and G Kona Schwenke following rookie minicamp May 11
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.