Firefighters rescued nine King Charles Spaniels, including three puppies, from the home. The family raises and breeds the dogs, said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.
The fire was reported about 6:15 p.m. at a two-story house in the 300 block of 197th Street SW, east of Lynnwood, Hynes said.
No one was home when the fire broke out.
Crews also responded from Lynnwood, Clearview and Bothell. The fire was extinguished within about 15 minutes, Hynes said.
Investigators with the Snohomish County Fire Marshal's Office traced the source of the fire to a heating pad being used to keep the puppies warm.
Rikki King: 425-339-3449, email@example.com.
More Local News Headlines
Options considered to restore grizzly bear population to county Everett schools expand summer reading program Feds approve PUD's two small hydroelectricity projects Mukilteo ferry terminal construction crews begin asbestos removal WWII veteran from Arlington reflects on his fight for freedom School bus barn work begins on 15-acre spot in Lynnwood Front Porch: Island County seeks applicants School Winners
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.