Seahawks gameday links
Anyway, on to the links to help you pass the time between now and kickoff between the Seahawks and Saints. In today’s Herald, I take a look at Russell Wilson facing his football idol, Drew Brees.
NFL.com is reporting that Percy Harvin had a cortisone shot this weekend and indeed won’t play (he was listed as doubtful Saturday). Harvin not playing today is hardly a surprise, but what is notable in that report is that Harvin’s hip actually got worse, not better, with the bye week, which is potentially concerning news going forward.
ESPN takes a good look at Marshawn Lynch’s 67-yard touchdown run against the Saints, catching up with many of the players who were on the field for that playoff game three years ago.
Peter King picks the Seahawks, who is also his top team in this week’s MMQB column.
You remember when Russell Wilson showed off his new, one-of-a-kind wallet that had been given to him by a patient at Seattle Children’s Hospital? ESPN followed up on that story, which had a happy ending for Allison Christensen, who got a new heart just two days after giving Wilson a unique gift.
NOLA.com says the Saints are looking to show they’re more than just a dome team.
And finally, this is from last week, but I posted it on Thanksgiving, so there’s a good chance you were doing better thing than checking the internet: a look at why everyone, even on a day the Seahawks are hosting New Orleans, should be pulling hard for one former Saint.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Pool report on the Seahawks' Friday practice, including more on Kam Chancellor injury Jan. 30
- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell weighs in on criticism from Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch's aversion to media Jan. 30
- Seahawks-Patriots final injury report of Super Bowl week Jan. 30
- Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick spend 30 minutes heaping praise on each other Jan. 30
- Carroll would support Sherman if he chose son's birth over Super Bowl Jan. 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.