N. Cascades Highway closed, possibly for season
The highway closes every year during the winter. The state Department of Transportation will decide Tuesday whether to reopen the road or leave it closed.
Meanwhile, Stevens Pass on U.S. is covered with compact snow and ice. Chains are required for all vehicles except for those with all-wheel drive.
Check WSDOT for updates on mountain passes around the state.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Outdoor events: Pack light, learn about slugs, Fred Beckey, more March 5
- Little Si is a short, sweet trail you can do nearly year-round March 3
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 3
- Audubon butterfly app is free today Feb. 28
- Video: 'We're throwing a bomb out of a moving helicopter' Feb. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.