Tuesday Seahawks links
First off, our coverage in today’s Herald. A column on this being a statement win for the Seahawks (that was a common takeaway, you’ll see as you read through the links). A story on Seattle’s offense making big plays with the Saints focusing on stopping Marshawn Lynch, and on the defense responding to a challenge, and a notebook leading off with Derrick Coleman’s wacky touchdown catch.
You can find the Tacoma News Tribune’s coverage here, and the Seattle Times’ here.
Danny O’Neil of 710 ESPN Seattle says the Seahawks made a statement with their dominant win.
USA Today calls it a statement win too (see, I told you).
Terry Blount of ESPN.com says it looks like nothing can slow down the Seahawks.
Sports Illustrated’s Jim Trotter says Seattle’s confidence is its biggest strength.
NFL.com offers things we learned from Seattle’s win, including that Russell Wilson should be in the MVP discussion.
CBSSports.com grades every team’s performance this week, and says the road to the Super Bowl now goes through Seattle.
Doug Farrar of SI.com offers his take on Seattle’s dominant performance.
Peter King of TheMMQB.com says Seattle’s depth might be its most important trait.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Super Bowl arrival press conference Jan. 25
- Report: Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn to be named Falcons head coach on Feb. 2 Jan. 25
- Transcript of a very strange Bill Belichick press conference Jan. 24
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Friday press conference Jan. 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin trade, Russell Wilson and more Jan. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.