Seahawks a unanimous No. 1 pick in AP power poll
The Seahawks backed up last week's unanimous No. 1 ranking by blowing out New Orleans and knocking the Saints from second to fifth in balloting by the 12-member panel that regularly covers the league.
Denver, New England, Carolina and the Saints got second-place votes, with the Broncos finishing 10 points ahead of a third-place tie between the Patriots and Panthers, who have won eight straight games.
New Orleans is another 11 points back in fifth after a 34-7 loss to Seattle. No. 6 San Francisco switched places with Kansas City after the Chiefs lost to the Broncos.
Seattle plays at San Francisco on Sunday.
- Road to Super Bowl looks like it goes through Seattle 12/4/13
- 49ers ready to take on Seahawks 12/4/13
- Saints' finally arrive home in New Orleans 12/3/13
- Five former Chiefs sue team over head injuries 12/3/13
- Packers aren't ruling out Rodgers for Sunday 12/3/13
- Tomlin: ‘embarrassing, inexcusable, illegal blunder’ 12/3/13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.