49ers send fans letter with instructions on how to cheer
Well now, the 49ers are encouraging their fans to be louder when the Seahawks come to town. How times have changed.
As you probably heard already, season ticket holders received a letter this week encouraging fans to wear red, be on time, be loud when the ‘Niners are on defense, and quiet when they’re on offense.
Seahawks fans, naturally, have had some fun with the idea that fans need help, and so have some players.
“Some things you can’t coach,” safety Earl Thomas said. “We’ve got great fans, we don’t have to coach them here. They’re in trouble if they have to do that.”
Added cornerback Richard Sherman, “Hopefully they follow their directions. Our fans are usually pretty good about that, but hey, whatever you gotta do. That’s hilarious though.”
Here’s a copy of an internal memo, courtesy Deadspin.com. Fans received a portion of this letter beginning with “Introducing The 49ers Home Field Advantage Plan For Gameday”
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Bruce Irvin and Jimmy Graham appear to have buried the hatchet April 13
- No, Russell Wilson isn’t going to play baseball April 13
- Seahawks preseason schedule announced April 9
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett denies trade report; still ‘feels the same way’ about Jimmy Graham April 9
- Lloyd McClendon ‘much more comfortable’ with Mariners’ current lineup vs. lefties April 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.