49ers send fans letter with instructions on how to cheer
Well now, the 49ers are encouraging their fans to be louder when the Seahawks come to town. How times have changed.
As you probably heard already, season ticket holders received a letter this week encouraging fans to wear red, be on time, be loud when the ‘Niners are on defense, and quiet when they’re on offense.
Seahawks fans, naturally, have had some fun with the idea that fans need help, and so have some players.
“Some things you can’t coach,” safety Earl Thomas said. “We’ve got great fans, we don’t have to coach them here. They’re in trouble if they have to do that.”
Added cornerback Richard Sherman, “Hopefully they follow their directions. Our fans are usually pretty good about that, but hey, whatever you gotta do. That’s hilarious though.”
Here’s a copy of an internal memo, courtesy Deadspin.com. Fans received a portion of this letter beginning with “Introducing The 49ers Home Field Advantage Plan For Gameday”
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
- Brandon Browner says Patriots should go after Sherman and Thomas injuries Jan. 26
- Quotes from Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Russell Okung and Jermaine Kearse Jan. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.