Thursday Seahawks links
Also in today’s Herald from Tim Booth of the AP, a look at the impressive play of linebacker K.J. Wright.
Defensive end Michael Bennett had a rather hilarious interview on 710 ESPN Seattle with Wyman, Mike and Moore yesterday. Definitely worth a listen if you have time, and be sure to stay until the end to hear his Russell Wilson impression.
Dave Boling of the New Tribune looks at the physical nature of the rivalry, while Doug Farrar of SI.com notes that this physical rivalry now has a new element thanks to the two quarterbacks.
Speaking of quarterbacks, NFL.com has Russell Wilson fourth in its weekly QB rankings.
The San Francisco Chronicle writes that, after two straight Seahawks blowouts, the 49ers have Seattle right where they want them, namely, at home.
Meanwhile the Santa Rosa Press Democrat says Russell Wilson is now “way ahead” of Colin Kaepernick.
USA Today takes a look at Seattle’s depth.
While the Seahawks are already in the playoffs, Michael Silver of NFL.com notes that very few teams at the bottom of the standings have been eliminated, and says he has a “sneaking suspicion that the 2010 Seahawks might soon have company in the Playoff Participant With Losing Record green room.”
It’s not Seahawks related, but TheMMQB.com got some unusual access, spending time behind the scenes with an officiating crew. It’s a three-part series, with the first part here.
And finally, Richard Sherman was a guest on Showtime’s Inside the NFL.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
- Brandon Browner says Patriots should go after Sherman and Thomas injuries Jan. 26
- Quotes from Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Russell Okung and Jermaine Kearse Jan. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.