Mariners add two more bats
corey hart is headed for #mariners, according to sources. 1 year deal. will likely bat behind cano.
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) December 11, 2013
Source: #Marlins trading Logan Morrison to Seattle for RHP Carter CappsHart, 31, will sign a one-year deal according to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman. He was a two-time All-Star with the Brewers (2008 and 2010) and will be expected to add some right-handed power to Seattle's lineup, having hit 87 home runs from 2010-2012. Hart comes with risk as well, however, having missed all of last season following surgery on both knees. Hart has been a right fielder for most of his career, but given his health concerns, the belief is that he'll likely be more of a first base/DH type going forward.
— clarkspencer (@clarkspencer) December 11, 2013
Not long after news of Hart's signing came out, the Miami Herald reported that Seattle has traded relief pitcher Carter Capps to the Marlins for Logan Morrison, another corner-outfield/first base type. Morrison showed potential in his first two seasons, but injuries have limited his playing time and production the past two years. You can see his stats here, and Corey Hart's here.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Transcript of a very strange Bill Belichick press conference Jan. 24
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Friday press conference Jan. 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin trade, Russell Wilson and more Jan. 23
- Seahawks-Patriots Friday injury report Jan. 23
- Seahawks announce sendoff information for Sunday Jan. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.