Wednesday Seahawks (plus one Mariners and one Sounders) links
Also from the blog if you missed it yesterday, a bunch of Seahawks fans are unhappy with the way a Beats by Dre headphones commercial portrays them.
From the Tacoma News Tribune, a cool story on Seahawks fullback Derrick Coleman, who is hard of hearing, talking with deaf and hard-of-hearing students in Tacoma.
The Seattle Times’ Jayson Jenks takes an in-depth look at three of the best catches made by Seahawks receivers this season.
Seahawks play-by-play man Steve Raible tells MyNorthwest.com that this year’s Seahawks team is better than the 2005 squad that went to the Super Bowl.
Seahawks.com takes a look at this week’s opponent, the New York Giants.
And finally, two non-Seahawks links, just because I can. . .
From the Seattle Weekly, Seth Kolloen creates a rather hilarious tongue-in-cheek timeline of Robinson Cano and Jay-Z’s visit to Seattle.
And for any Snohomish County Sounders fans reading, Mike Gastineau, former KJR host and author of “Sounders FC: Authentic Masterpiece” is doing a reading and book signing tonight at Half Price Books in Everett. I actually just finished the book myself, and while I’m no book critic, I will say that if you’re a Sounders fan, or just somebody interested in a behind-the-scenes look at the berth of a sports franchise, it’s a very good read. I’ve covered the Sounders to varying degrees since their inaugural 2009 season, and there was still a lot in this book that was new to me.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Kam Chancellor "remarkably looked great" in Seahawks' pre Super Bowl walk-through Jan. 31
- Pool report on the Seahawks' Friday practice, including more on Kam Chancellor injury Jan. 30
- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell weighs in on criticism from Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch's aversion to media Jan. 30
- Seahawks-Patriots final injury report of Super Bowl week Jan. 30
- Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick spend 30 minutes heaping praise on each other Jan. 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.