Edmonds Council appointee to serve through 2015 election
The Council has yet to set a timetable to replace Frank Yamamoto, who resigned from the Council Dec. 5.
State law says that when an elected official resigns in a non-charter city, the city council can appoint someone to serve through the next election occurring in an odd-numbered year.
Evan Smith can be reached at email@example.com.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Sen. Chase wants state protection of insurance shareholders Jan. 26
- State Rep. Stanford heads Legislative Accountability Committee Jan. 22
- Meadowdale student finishes week as page in State Senate Jan. 21
- Rep. Peterson asks legislators to honor MLK by helping schools Jan. 20
- Lynnwood Transportation Board to discuss options Tuesday Jan. 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.