Edmonds Council appointee to serve through 2015 election
The Council has yet to set a timetable to replace Frank Yamamoto, who resigned from the Council Dec. 5.
State law says that when an elected official resigns in a non-charter city, the city council can appoint someone to serve through the next election occurring in an odd-numbered year.
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Liias bill on payday loans nearly dead in legislature April 13
- 1st Legislative District Democrats meet Monday April 10
- Senate budget cuts money for early learning April 9
- MLT officials invite community to Coffee with the City Wednesday April 7
- Rep. Kagi waits for Senate to consider House budget, capital-gains tax April 6
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.