Edmonds Council appointee to serve through 2015 election
The Council has yet to set a timetable to replace Frank Yamamoto, who resigned from the Council Dec. 5.
State law says that when an elected official resigns in a non-charter city, the city council can appoint someone to serve through the next election occurring in an odd-numbered year.
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Third applicant to fill Edmonds Council vacancy registers intent to run Feb. 23
- State House committee approves Stanford bill to ban non-compete agreements Feb. 20
- McAuliffe initially supported amendment to restrict initiatives, now opposes it Feb. 19
- Two applicants to fill Edmonds Council vacancy expect to file in May Feb. 17
- Kagi bill on early learning clears House committee after officials express support Feb. 13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.