Edmonds Council appointee to serve through 2015 election
The Council has yet to set a timetable to replace Frank Yamamoto, who resigned from the Council Dec. 5.
State law says that when an elected official resigns in a non-charter city, the city council can appoint someone to serve through the next election occurring in an odd-numbered year.
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Republicans, Democrats take different views on selecting presidential candidates April 28
- Candidates can file by mail starting Monday April 24
- State Reps. Kagi, Ortiz-Self, Ryu not surprised about special session April 23
- Workshop for potential 2015 local candidates Tuesday in Everett April 20
- State Democrats look at caucus system for presidential nomination April 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.