Paradise at Mount Rainier will be open 7 days a week again
The road will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The upper gate at Paradise will close at 4 p.m. All vehicles must carry chains.
During extreme weather, the roads may still be closed. Get more information in the park's press release. You can also check the status of roads on the park's page or on Twitter.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Staircase Rapids: Easy hike along a charming river Jan. 20
- Make reservations now for best summer camping spots Jan. 18
- Got high hopes? Try Everett Mountaineer's scrambling course Jan. 16
- Climbers finish free climb of inspiring route on El Capitan Jan. 14
- Parks, Forest Service go fee-free for MLK Day Jan. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.