Lynnwood girls basketball ranked 13th nationally
Big wins over South Medford (Ore.) and Mount Rainier have Royals ranked 13th by USA Today
The Royals are 5-0 to open the season and have impressive nonconference victories over South Medford (Ore.) and Mount Rainier. Lynnwood defeated South Medford, the No. 1 6A team in Oregon, to win the Nike Northwest Invitational earlier this month and more recently beat Mount Rainier 57-54 in double overtime at Saturday’s Muscle Mile Invitational.
Like the Royals, the Rams are one of the favorites to win the 4A state championship and have two-time defending state player of the year Brittany McPhee. Lynnwood’s defense frustrated McPhee in Saturday’s victory, holding her to 18 points on just 7-for-25 shooting.
The Royals are the only team in the Pacific Northwest to crack the USA Today rankings. Poly High School from Long Beach, California currently holds the top spot in the rankings.
The Coeur d'Alene girls basketball team, which is ranked 45th in the Next 25 section of the rankings, visits the area on Saturday when it takes on Lake Stevens at 2 p.m.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Live video: Snohomish vs. Lake Stevens girls basketball (4A District 1 championship) Feb. 19
- Live video: Kamiak vs. Cascade boys basketball Feb. 19
- Live video: Jackson vs. Monroe girls basketball Feb. 19
- Associated Press Prep Basketball Polls Feb. 18
- Live video: Arlington vs. Glacier Peak girls basketball Feb. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.