Learn about bald eagles with programs on Skagit River
Three viewing stations with off-highway parking along North Cascades Highway provide spotting scopes and binoculars to help you see the birds up close. Volunteers will staff stations Saturdays and Sundays, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 21-Jan. 26.
Eagle Watcher stations are located at Howard Miller Steelhead Park in Rockport, Sutter Creek Rest area (Milepost 100) and the Marblemount Fish Hatchery. Look for the yellow signs. Call 360-856-5700, ext. 515, for more information.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Everett hiker hopes his journey encourages more to visit fire lookouts Sep. 28
- Jennifer Pharr Davis, adventurer and author, to speak at local libraries Sep. 26
- Should fishers be reintroduced to the Cascades? Sep. 24
- Celebrate salmon this weekend in Sultan Sep. 22
- Teton Crest Trail is a classic backpack showcasing the mountains' best Sep. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.