New Democrat lawmaker may face Democrat foe in 2014
Robinson was appointed Monday to the seat vacated by John McCoy when he moved to the state Senate. She was one of seven Democrats pursuing the 38th Legislative District post and was the top choice of the district's precinct committee officers.
Ray Miller of Marysville also sought the seat. He has set up a campaign committee and is intending to run against Robinson.
"I have a great deal of respect for June," Miller wrote in an email. "It is my opinion that June was selected by the PCO'S as a temporary replacement and the citizens of the 38th Legislative District are the ones that elect the representative."
Robinson said she will run for a full two-year term next year but declined comment on the prospect of facing Miller in the primary.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Senators want budget impact of initiatives on the ballot March 9
- Larsen, McDermott skip Israeli leader's speech March 3
- House plans vote Tuesday on hiking minimum wage March 2
- Bill creating Silver Alert system clears Senate March 2
- Lt. Gov. Owen says behavior of GOP senator is inappropriate and must stop Feb. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.