Thursday links; former Seahawks QB Kitna will donate game check to Tacoma HS
Well here’s a cool follow-up to that from the Dallas Morning News, which reports that Kitna will donate his game check from this week to his school. That’s far from a token gesture from Kitna. As a veteran with 15-years of experience, Kitna’s weekly pay, even on a veteran-minimum contract, works out roughly to a $53,000 game check for one week’s worth.
If Kitna somehow ends up getting into Sunday's game against the Eagles, Dennis Quiad better be ready to shave his head for the upcoming Disney movie.
From today’s Herald, Tim Booth of the AP looks at the Seahawks’ efforts to try to fix their running game. Also, from Dave Boling of the News Tribune looks at some unheralded Seahawks who might be deserving of Pro Bowl recognition (the Pro Bowl roster is announced Friday).
Also, if you’ve been enjoying the holidays and missed it from earlier, signs point to Percy Harvin perhaps being shut down soon.
The News Tribune looks at Golden Tate trying to avoid costly penalties like the one he had in the last meeting with St. Louis.
TheMMQB.com breaks down some of the decisive moments from last weekend’s games, including Arizona’s game-winning touchdown in Seattle.
NFL.com has Russell Wilson at No. 6 in its quarterback rankings.
ESPN.com says dealing with Rams pass rusher Robert Quinn will be key for Seattle.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
- Brandon Browner says Patriots should go after Sherman and Thomas injuries Jan. 26
- Quotes from Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Russell Okung and Jermaine Kearse Jan. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.