The Herald of Everett, Washington
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

Calendar


HeraldNet Headlines
HeraldNet Newsletter Delivered to your inbox each week.


Published: Thursday, December 26, 2013, 9:00 a.m.

Vegas mall's Christmas tree catches fire

LAS VEGAS — A 45-foot-tall Christmas tree at an open-air mall in Las Vegas went up in flames and burned Santa's cottage just after the holiday shopping season ended.
Clark County Fire Chief Jon Klassen tells the Las Vegas Review-Journal that crews found flames reaching 100 feet in the air when they arrived at Town Square about 2 a.m. on Christmas morning.
The fire also damaged a 600-square-foot house where children posed for pictures with Santa Claus.
Town Square spokesman Jaimesen Mapes says firefighters were quickly able to extinguish the fire, and nobody was hurt. He says the shopping center had closed about 6 p.m. the day before.
Klassen says it appears faulty wiring in the artificial tree may be to blame.
A damage estimate wasn't immediately available.
Story tags » Fire

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus
digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.

loading...