Lynnwood's new city government
Here are Lynnwood's new elected officials:
Mayor Nicola Smith, newly elected after defeating two-term incumbent Mayor Don Gough in November;
City Councilman Loren Simmonds, a Council member since 1999;
Councilman Benjamin Goodman, who took office on certification of the 2011 election;
Sid Roberts, a Council member since 2011, when he defeated former Councilman Ted Hikel;
Van AuBuchon, a Council member since 2011, when he defeated former Councilman Jim Smith by 10 votes after a hand recount;
Councilman M. Christopher Boyer, appointed in late 2012, elected to a full four-year term in 2013;
Ruth Ross, elected in 2013 to replace former Councilwoman Kerri Lonergan-Dreke, who had defeated then-incumbent Ross in 2009 after Ross had won four-year terms in 2001 and 2005;
Ian Cotton, elected in 2013, defeating former Councilman Jim Smith in an election to replace incumbent Councilman Mark Smith, who gave up his Council position to run unsuccessfully for mayor in the August primary.
Evan Smith can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Chase, Ryu to hold town-hall event Saturday in Shoreline Feb. 26
- State Senate passes McAuliffe bill on teaching athletes about cardiac arrest Feb. 25
- Third applicant to fill Edmonds Council vacancy registers intent to run Feb. 23
- State House committee approves Stanford bill to ban non-compete agreements Feb. 20
- McAuliffe initially supported amendment to restrict initiatives, now opposes it Feb. 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.