Seahawks injury update
Tight end Luke Willson was carted off with an air cast on his leg, leading obviously to concerns of a very serious injury, but it appear he may have dodged a bullet. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Willson did not break his leg, and that they believe he has a high-ankle sprain. Willson had crutches by his locker but was walking under his own power. A high-ankle sprain is a pretty serious injury in its own right, but Willson could potentially get back from that at some point in the postseason, which obviously wouldn't be the case had he broken something.
On Brandon Mebane, who left with what was called a hip injury, Carroll said the defensive tackle actually had a groin strain, and should probably be fine with a bye coming up.
Carroll reported no other notable injuries.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Tuesday Seahawks links: Kam vs. Gronk? LOB on the cover of SI and more Jan. 27
- Seahawks player quotes from Monday of Super Bowl week Jan. 26
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.