Seahawks DC Dan Quinn reportedly a candidate for Browns job
#Browns already have their first head coaching candidate lined up: #Seahawks DC Dan Quinn. Rising star.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 30, 2013
Browns requested permission to interview Seahawks DC Dan Quinn for HC job, per source. Quinn can interview Jan. 5.Quinn would likely interview sometime during this bye week, and both sides would work to make sure that interview doesn't interfere with his coaching duties. Quinn is in his first year as Seattle's defensive coordinator, having previously served as the team's defensive line coach before taking the DC job at the University of Florida.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 30, 2013
Last year, the Seahawks lost defensive coordinator Gus Bradley to Jacksonville, and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell was then and will be again connected to job openings. Assistant head coach/offensive line coach Tom Cable is another name that could come up in coaching searches.
The Seahawks would obviously love to keep their coaching staff intact, but Pete Carroll, having also gone through this at USC, understands that losing assistants is a cost of success in his business.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Super Bowl arrival press conference Jan. 25
- Report: Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn to be named Falcons head coach on Feb. 2 Jan. 25
- Transcript of a very strange Bill Belichick press conference Jan. 24
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Friday press conference Jan. 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin trade, Russell Wilson and more Jan. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.