Our 13 most-read stories of 2013
13. An imperfect life, a tragic death at the county jail: Eric Stevick's nicely told story of Lyndsey Lason, who died after her pleas for medical attention were ignored.
12. 3 baristas arrested for 'exhibition and exposure': They were exhibiting and exposing more than lattes. Read on for more bikini barista tales.
11. Details of Boeing's 777X offer to Machinists: Once they saw the details of this initial offer, most of them voted no. A vote on a new offer is coming this Friday.
10. Everett police raid bikini coffee stand; 3 arrested: Not surprisingly, the arrests of three women at the Hillbilly Hotties espresso stand got a lot of attention.
9. A look at where speeders are being stopped: Our Need to Know blog found Snohomish County's biggest speed traps.
8. Reardon will resign, effective at end of May: The big announcement capped Aaron Reardon's tumultuous run as county executive.
7. Stanwood family of 4 killed in crash: This tragic accident happened in May.
6. Nation to see what Gordon Ramsay did to Everett eatery: Ramsay was his usual charming self when he brought "Kitchen Nightmares" to the Prohibition Grille.
5. Exotic fish caught in lake near Marysville: A weird, toothy relative of the piranha showed up on a fisherman's hook in Lake Ki.
4. Landing the Boeing 777X: How 15 states compare: Dan Catchpole's recent analysis showed why Washington and the 777X belong together.
3. Espresso stands raided; sheriff's sergeant arrested: Another entry in our ongoing bikini barista chronicles. A Snohomish County sheriff's sergeant was accused of tipping off baristas in exchange for sexual favors.
2. Dr. Oz's weight-loss miracle: Brilliant or bogus? When sales of the product skyrocketed after publicity about it, we tackled the question.
1. Lake Stevens runner just feet from blast in Boston: Bill Iffrig was approaching the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a bomb exploded, knocking him to the ground. Photos of Iffrig were on publications across the country, making him an instant celebrity.
Most recent Web Monkey posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.