Panthers WR Smith says he will play vs. 49ers
What he can't predict is how his sprained left knee will feel during the game.
Smith said Monday "it's not about can I go. It's about how confident do I feel when I am going. I will play Sunday. But it's about how much I don't worry about the knee -- and that's when the confidence increases."
The 34-year-old Smith says the knee "felt good" after doing some cutting during a light practice Monday. He's expected to test it out more thoroughly Wednesday.
Smith, Carolina's all-time leading in touchdowns, sprained the posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in Carolina's Week 16 win over New Orleans. He sat out the regular-season finale against Atlanta.
- Seahawks WRs are more productive than most give them credit for 1/7/15
- Seahawks DT Hill placed on IR after suffering calf injury 1/6/15
- Redskins pursue ex-Seahawk exec McCloughan to be general manager 1/6/15
- Ex-Jets GM Tannenbaum to take over Dolphins' football operations 1/6/15
- Packers QB Rodgers says calf feeling better after bye week 1/6/15
- Seahawks C Unger to play against Panthers; DT Hill to IR 1/6/15
- Strange season for Panthers on and off the field 1/6/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.