Where to learn about sea kayaking
Given that it filled up, I figured that there's an interest out there, though. I've gathered up some other ways you can learn about kayaking around here.
If you'd like to take the Everett Mountaineers course, you can put yourself on a waitlist. The class begins March 27.
The Seattle, Tacoma, Kitsap and Olympia branches of the Mountaineers are also offering the course. All of those courses start in April.
If you take one of the courses, you will learn how to safely explore the waters of the Northwest. You'll learn paddling strokes, how to get back in your boat if you fall out, how to choose the proper gear, trip planning, dealing with currents and more. Once you complete the class requirements, you are eligible to go on Mountaineers kayak trips.
There are also a number of kayaking clubs in our area:
Most recent Explore NW posts
- 'Mile ... Mile & a Half' a gorgeous, charming film about John Muir Trail March 10
- Weekend reading: The Pacific Crest Trail March 8
- Upcoming events to support Snohomish County Helicopter Rescue Team March 7
- Take a guided kayak tour on Lake Sammamish, learn about wildlife March 5
- Outdoor events: Pack light, learn about slugs, Fred Beckey, more March 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.