Rapper creates song out of Marshawn Lynch quote
"I'm just bout that action boss… laid back, kicked back, mindin' my business" Lynch told Deion Sanders in a very short interview. Classic Beast Mode.
Well it didn't take long for Seattle rapper/producer Spekulation to turn that quote on its head and make a great beat out of the sample. Then Geo from Seattle hiphop group Blue Scholars put some vocals on the track and it is completely genius.
Geo explains that "This is not a Seahawks anthem" but it sure sounds like one with lines like "downtown Seattle about to resemble Mardi Gras" and "It's LOB everyday all day till the day I die." Not to mention he references Lynch's love of Skittles by saying "we just bout that action boss, go taste that rainbow boss."
This is cool because it's about the Seahawks, but it's also just some really great hiphop. You have to hear this. I've had it on repeat for over an hour.
- Heartbreak has ruled Seattle sports scene far too long 2/2/14
- Long-suffering fans need a champion 2/2/14
- Seahawks' Wilson living his father's dream 2/2/14
- Could Seahawks’ Harvin be difference in Super Bowl? 2/2/14
- Super Bowl pits strength vs. strength 2/1/14
- Fun is the Pete Carroll way to win 2/1/14
- Seahawks ready to go after final practice 2/1/14
- Seahawks' success starts at the top 1/31/14
- Seahawks' quiet Lynch could make noise Sunday 1/31/14
- Seahawks' defensive line is deep, talented 1/31/14
- Hawks fans rally in Everett (gallery) 1/31/14
- Seattle Sidelines: Pete Carroll, John Fox put new spins on old questions 1/31/14
- Seahawks lack experience, but have plenty of poise 1/30/14
- Super opportunity for Seahawks' Percy Harvin 1/30/14
- Scenes from Super Bowl Boulevard 1/30/14
- 2006 Super Bowl left the Seahawks with regrets 1/29/14
- What became of the 2006 Seahawks Super Bowl roster 1/29/14
- 2013 vs. 2005: Which is the best Seahawks team ever? 1/29/14
- Richard Sherman charms, Marshawn Lynch lays low 1/29/14
- Super Bowl especially sweet for Seahawks' Robinson 1/29/14
Most recent What Radio? posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.