Seahawks Thomas and Sherman denied DPOY honors
Either Thomas or Sherman likely would have had a better shot of winning if not for other having such an outstanding season—both were named first-team All Pros—but to argue that they cost each other by splitting the vote isn’t entirely accurate either, because Kuechly finished with 19 votes, while Thomas and Sherman combined to earn 11.5.
Colts linebacker Robert Mathis, who led the NFL in sacks this season, finished second behind Kuechly with 11.5 votes, while Thomas was third with 7.5 with St. Louis’ Robert Quinn finishing fourth (6) and Sherman finishing fifth (4).
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell weighs in on criticism from Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch's aversion to media Jan. 30
- Seahawks-Patriots final injury report of Super Bowl week Jan. 30
- Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick spend 30 minutes heaping praise on each other Jan. 30
- Carroll would support Sherman if he chose son's birth over Super Bowl Jan. 30
- Marshawn Lynch and Rob Gronkowski playing 'Mortal Kombat' is comedy gold Jan. 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.