Apply now for youth adventures in North Cascades
Teens from 14-18 can apply for the summer trips. On either 8- or 16-day trips, teens will learn about natural history, outdoor leadership, communication and public speaking. During the trips, teens work on service projects that tie in with the lesson they are learning about science and leadership.
Attendees do not need any previous outdoor experience and outdoor gear is provided.
Applications are accepted until March 28. Tuition is on a sliding scale, and the institute will work with all families to ensure they can afford it.
Get more information, including on how to apply, here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Make reservations now for best summer camping spots Jan. 18
- Got high hopes? Try Everett Mountaineer's scrambling course Jan. 16
- Climbers finish free climb of inspiring route on El Capitan Jan. 14
- Parks, Forest Service go fee-free for MLK Day Jan. 14
- Learn the basics of boating at upcoming classes Jan. 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.