Report: Seahawks to release Rice
The move was expected. Rice, 27, played in just eight games this past season before suffering a season-ending knee injury. He finished with 15 receptions for 231 yards and three touchdowns.
Rice is due $17.5 million in base salary over the next two seasons, ESPN reported.
Rice spent his first four NFL seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. He signed a five-year $41 million deal with Seattle as a free agent in 2011.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks' entire 2014 regular season now sold out July 21
- Make-a-Wish midfielder Xander Bailey enjoys his day as a Sounder July 18
- Wednesday links: Bobby Wagner says Broncos 'looked scared' July 16
- Felix Hernandez named All-Star game starter July 14
- Clint Dempsey on the World Cup and his return to the Sounders July 11
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.